Friday 23 December 2011

Wishing you a Merry Christmas

When it comes to Christmas, Hubs and I generally follow this rotating schedule: 1 year my family, 1 year his family, and 1 year by ourselves somewhere. It does seem like we're spending Christmas on our own more and more, usually abroad!

This year we're off to spend Christmas with some friends in Abu Dhabi. I've never been to the UAE so I'm looking forward to seeing some interesting sights and doing a little bit of shopping! The five days we spend there will be filled with food, laughs....and lots of running!

I can't wait to run in the warm, sunny weather! With 46 miles left to get to 1000 miles for the year, I'll be getting up uncharacteristically early to beat the heat and get those miles in. Maybe I can even get Hubs and our friends to join in. We arrive late on the 24th which means one of the first things I'll do in Abu Dhabi is a Christmas Day run on the beach. I don't know how many runners will be out there with me in Abu Dhabi, but I'll be happy knowing that so many other runners will be running or racing on Christmas Day.

I hope my family knows that even though I'm far away, they are always in my thoughts. Wherever you are this year, I hope you have a great time celebrating the holiday!

Merry Christmas!


2 comments:

  1. Well done on a good year even though you didn't get your sub 2hr half it will come just keep working, with your impressive mileage it will happen

    ReplyDelete
  2. @pammieruns

    Thank you! I'm going to keep working hard...it's just so hard to be patient! :)

    ReplyDelete